15.8.10

Muslim Women-- Oppressed or Liberated by Ziaullah Khan

Salaam. How is everyone's Ramadhan so far? I hope you're all doing great. Inshaallah.

The weather is still very much humid here. I miss the Ramadhan days here in Jeddah where the wind becomes cool and the sun is a little less harsh (yes, it was like that as far as I can remember). But I think it gave the entire Kingdom more chance to struggle for the sake of Allah's SWT forgiveness, guidance, and mercy. We can only pray that the rest of the people negatively afflicted with this kind of weather (i.e. the ones living in the deserts and the unfortunate ones who don't have proper shelter) are protected and safe.

Anyway, early last year, I was able to get a copy of an Islamic lecture by Ziaullah Khan through my good friend, Ayah. The title of the said lecture was Muslim Women-- Oppressed or Liberated. For reasons I can't remember anymore, I lost my copy of it. I remember how it was such an enlightening lecture. Listening to it made me feel proud and thankful to be not just a woman, but a woman that was raised by my parents to be a Muslim. I guess the word 'empowering' sums it up at a certain extent but apart from that, it humbles you somehow.

I searched for the lecture on YouTube and, luckily, it wasn't hard to look for. Ziaullah Khan has quite a number of other lectures (the other one I've listened to before was the one about Taqwa) uploaded on YouTube. I'm posting the video version of it (mine back then was an mp3 file). I hope you take time to listen. I'm also currently in the middle of listening to it now. Here you go:

Part I


Part II


Part III


Part IV

No comments: